Since opening our first clinic doors as Lincoln County Primary Care Center in Hamlin, West Virginia in 1975, Southern West Virginia Health System has been committed to providing local access to quality-driven healthcare services to the residents of the communities we serve.
Our timeline shows our organization’s commitment to creating health and wellness opportunities and access to care points throughout the southern part of our state.
Our people make that care happen:
- Through well-child and immunization visits at our clinics with our youngest residents
- To helping our children maintain their health and wellness through on-site access to our school-based health centers
- And welcoming adults at every age and stage in life into our primary care centers
We are focused on keeping access to healthcare services where it matters most, in the heart of our communities.
Our strong commitment to providing health equity in the communities has guided our investment in expanding our footprint throughout Southern West Virginia as we are able. We are proud of the foundation we have built and continue to seek opportunities that allow us to provide more healthcare opportunity in rural communities.
Our organization is growing! We have:
- Large, modern, multi-service health centers in Hamlin, Man, and South Charleston
- Construction of a new Guyan Valley Wellness Center is underway
- Our recent merger with Hygeia Facilities Foundation, Inc. has expanded our operations to over 20 locations within 7 counties giving us the opportunity to employ over 200 people
- Healthy communities, it’s why we’re here. We are thrilled to be partnering with you, in yours.