The HRSA Accreditation and Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Initiative supports health centers in obtaining Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition. PCMH recognition has become a standard of care for HRSA funded health centers with the goal of increasing health outcomes, improving health equity, and lowering costs for patients and health centers.
- Assesses a health center’s approach to patient-centered care
- Evaluate health centers against national standards for primary care that emphasize care coordination and ongoing quality improvement
We continuously build upon best-practice strategies to benefit our patients. We have again achieved the PCMH certification for all of our applicable locations:
- Lincoln Primary Care Center
- Guyan Valley Wellness Center
- SWVHS- Man
- SWVHS- Sand Plant
- SWVHS- Gilbert
- SWVHS- Logan
- SWVHS- Delbarton
- SWVHS- Madison Medical
We will be able to submit SWVHS-Whitesville, SWVHS-Oceana, and SWVHS-Wharton for consideration of this status in 2024.
Advancing Health Information Technology (HIT) for Quality Badge Recognition
In addition to our Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition, we have also been awarded the Advancing Health Information Technology (HIT) Quality badge from HRSA. This award focuses on the appropriate implementation and use of optimizing technology in the field of both patient engagement and the delivery of quality care.
In order to be eligible to receive this badge recognition, health centers must meet the following five criteria:
- Adopted an electronic health record (EHR) system
- Offers telehealth services
- Exchanges clinical information electronically with key providers health care settings
- Engages patients through health IT
- Collects data on patient social risk factors