SWVHS patients are expected to assume responsibility for the following:
- Provide a complete health history: SWVHS expects you to provide information about your past illnesses, hospital stays, medicines, and other matters related to your health history.
- Participate in your treatment: SWVHS expects you to cooperate with all staff members and ask questions if you do not understand directions or procedures.
- Comply with Smoke-Free rules: SWVHS is responsible to provide a smoke-free environment for the health of all patients and staff. We expect you to obey our smoke-free policy. Be aware that some local governments may assess a fine for smoking.
- Be courteous to other patients and staff: SWVHS is an atmosphere that promotes healing for all patients. To this end, patients are expected to be considerate of other patients and staff members. Behaviors such as vandalism, theft, physical or verbal threats, profanity and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated, and you may be asked to leave the practice.
- Patients refusing recommended vaccines are expected to wear a mask when coming to the office with a complaint of any respiratory illness, fever or other acute illness.
- Patients are not permitted to bring weapons of any kind onto SWVHS property.
- Accept responsibility for payment for all services provided to you by SWVHS. Payment may be made through third-party payers (such as your insurance company), by self-payment, or by making other payment arrangements for services not covered by insurance. SWVHS offers financial counseling services, which includes the sliding fee discount schedule. The sliding discount takes into account family size and income.
- Communicate with SWVHS staff: SWVHS staff and patients are committed to the same goal—achieving a positive result. You are responsible to let our staff know if you have any questions or problems. Please tell us if anything upsets or concerns you while you are receiving care at SWVHS. Contact the Risk Management Officer so that your concerns can be addressed.
- Protect your belongings: You are responsible for the safety of your belongings. SWVHS discourages you from bringing valuables to the office.